Independent Contractor – Part-Time Therapist
Are you currently working and wanting to operate privately, but do not have office space? Are you looking for supplemental income? Send us your resume! At The Happy Hour, we are rewriting the rules on mental wellness. We are modernizing what it means to go to therapy and coaching by reframing the experience and how we talk about mental wellness. Our contemporary studio is as approachable and cool as your favorite yoga studio. We have an amazing team of therapists, counselors, and coaches who inspire and empower our guests. Our team shares the belief that mental health is paramount to our total health, and is undoubtedly linked to our physical, emotional, and spiritual well being. All therapists and counselors are trained in our proprietary methods, which are based on cutting-edge concepts, and include frameworks and resources to help our guests live their most fulfilled lives. Therapists and counselors are supported from our management team and have free access to our classes and meditations.
Applicants will need to be internally motivated, accountable, and honest. Current licensure within Tennessee for LPC, LPC-MHSP, LMFT, or LCSW is required. We are looking for driven individuals who are not satisfied with the status quo, because we sure aren’t.
- Available to hold private sessions, the number will fluctuate depending on demand and business needs.
- Maintain regular communication and report to the Director of Professional Services (LPC).
- Show up to the community with a service mindset.
Skills + Education
- Active, unrestricted license (PhD, PsyD, LCSW, LMSW, LMFT, LPC, or LPC-MHSP) in the State of Tennessee (must be fully licensed). A copy must be provided to The Happy Hour.
- Master’s Degree or Doctoral Degree in counseling, social work, or related field.
- At least three years’ experience post-unrestricted licensure preferred but not required.
- Must align with The Happy Hour’s mind-body approach and feel comfortable with incorporating it into sessions. Training will be provided.
- It is a bonus if you are certified or licensed in a wellness field such as yoga, nutrition, energy work, etc.
- Must be located in Nashville.
- Must be able to provide proof of practice insurance.
- Therapists and counselors are independent contractors who are paid per private session.
- The Happy Hour will provide private practice rooms free of charge. The Happy Hour also provides a private co-working space.
- Training in our cutting-edge, proprietary method.
- The Happy Hour will provide a scheduling platform and will cover administrative duties, letting the therapist or counselor do what they do best!
- Inspiring, collaborative workspace located in the 12 South Neighborhood.
- Opportunity to be part of the launch of a revolutionary business.
- Free participation in all classes and workshops offered by The Happy Hour.
Things to Consider
- Work hours and schedule may vary depending on client and business needs. Hours include some evenings and/or weekends. The therapist or counselor is not guaranteed a minimum number of sessions per week.
- Private and group sessions are held at the office of The Happy Hour in 12 South Neighborhood.
- This role has the opportunity to take on more responsibility as we grow.
- You have the autonomy and opportunity to positively influence your paycheck based on the number of private sessions you hold. You have the power to help generate the demand! Therapists and counselors cannot see non-THH clients at The Happy Hour.
Interested applicants, please send your resume and any questions to Claire Price at firstname.lastname@example.org